Malta was a British colony in the 1930s, and the ship of Commander Ted Walker was stationed there.
- All the letters (about going to the island) had gone together .... to his (Roger’s) father, whose ship was at Malta but under orders for Hong Kong (SA1).
- Mary Walker talked of Malta and Gibraltar .... (SA16).
- Susan explained that their mother had gone away only yesterday morning, to go to Malta, where their father’s ship was stationed for a time .... (WH3).
- Titty said that Polly was at the zoo as I couldn't very well have him at school, and mother couldn't take him to Malta .... (WH13).
- Dorothea sends a card to her mother from Potter Heigham, and writes This is our first port of call, like Malta was when you and father went to Egypt (CC13).
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.