There have been several historic and fictional boats called Swallow. In roughly chronological order:
- Swallow (Collingwood boat) owned by the Collingwoods, whom Arthur Ransome visited as a young man (CFT1)
- Swallow (Altounyan boat), named after the Collingwood boat, bought by Ernest Altounyan in 1928, along with Mavis (CFT1).
- the fictional Swallow sailed by the Walker family and owned by the Jacksons of Holly Howe: Peggy says .... we’re camping in the garden .... till your mother comes to Holly Howe. You won’t have Swallow till then. (PP2).
- Swallow II a boat bought by Arthur Ransome in 1938 as a tender for Selina King (NBUS page 132)
- Swallow, a boat used in the 1974 film adaptation of Swallows and Amazons