This wiki supports the work of Wikipedia and is a complement to that wiki.
Why don't you do this on Wikipedia?Edit
Roger Walker is a fictional character in a series of childrens books created by Arthur...
Arthur Ransome Wiki is able to run such an article like this:
Roger Walker was born in 1922 (or possibly 1923)...
Initially, articles from Wikipedia may be copied to here (because they are a valuable source of copyright-free material) but Arthur Ransome Wiki can grow in its own way eventually. Have a look at the Harry Potter Wiki to get an idea of the potential. Please remember though, we are not trying to reproduce Wikipedia. Ensure that your articles with more general subject titles reflect our interest in Ransome. If you need to know about boats in general, you should visit Wikipedia, if you want to write about what Ransome wrote about boats or the boats he owned, this is the place for you.
What Arthur Ransome Wiki isEdit
To a great extent Arthur Ransome Wiki is what Wikipedia is not: Here are some Wikipedia "nots" that might be quite in order here:
- 2.1 Wikipedia is not a dictionary, the Arthur Ransome Wiki can define unusual terms used by Ransome
- 2.2 Wikipedia is not a publisher of original thought, the Arthur Ransome Wiki accepts conjecture and speculation
- 2.4 Wikipedia is not a mirror or a repository of links, images, or media files, the Arthur Ransome Wiki wants any pictures of Ransome related items, people and places
- 2.6 Wikipedia is not a directory, the Arthur Ransome Wiki will have lists of AR related links and books etc.
- 2.7 Wikipedia is not a manual, guidebook, or textbook, the Arthur Ransome Wiki encourages educating and elucidating of AR's works
- 2.9 Wikipedia is not an indiscriminate collection of information, the Arthur Ransome Wiki is not indiscrimnate either, we look for AR content.
- Italics for names of boats, books and direct quotes from books by Arthur Ransome.
- but don't un-italicise names of boats etc within italic text, like this because it's ugly
- 'single quotes' for names of songs, poems, chapters and direct quotes from books not written by Arthur Ransome