Events in the 1900s[edit | edit source]
- 1901: The Swallows and Amazons find a note in a brass box on the top of Kanchenjunga (SD27):
- August the 2nd. 1901.
- We climbed the Matterhorn.
- Molly Turner.
- J. Turner.
- Bob Blackett
- 1901: Thirty years earlier:
- Thirty years ago it was the South African war says Captain Flint (PP33).
- The blast of a coach horn, the old blast on four notes hat used to echo up and down these valleys thirty years ago, before the motors brought the coaches to an end .... (PP34). The GA says There are no coaches now as there used to be .... What are those horns? (PM27,28).
Native events in the 1900s[edit | edit source]
- 1902: Arthur Ransome moves to London.
- 1904: His first book The ABC of Physical Culture published in August.
- 1907: Bohemia in London published.
- 1909: Arthur and Ivy married (13 March)
|Arthur Ransome Timeline|
1850s | 1860s | 1870s | 1880s | 1890s | 1900s | 1910s | 1920s | 1929 | 1930 | 1931 | 1932 | 1933 | 1934 | 1935 | 1936 | 1937 | 1938 | 1939 | 1940 | 1941 | 1942 | 1943 | 1944 | 1945 | 1946 | 1947 | 1948 | 1949 | 1950s | 1960s | 1970s | 1980s | 1990s | 2000s |}